FCL Summer Academy: Enhancing creativity and innovation in my classroom
- 1-5 July 2019 FULL
- June/July 2020
Do schools kill or nurture creativity? Would you like your school to be a place where the students can develop skills and attitudes that combine elements such as creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, imagination and inventiveness? This course will lead the participants to reflect on how to nurture creativity in students and how to teach creatively! The participants will explore a range of (ICT) tools strategies for this, such as content creation, digital storytelling, flipped classroom, augmented reality, content curation, etc. The course is designed to enhance the joy of learning. It is aimed at teachers who want to learn how to create innovative learning content and who want to network with like-minded peers. Find out more in the course blog!
- Enhance standard educational materials with creative tools and applications
- Implement the design thinking process in their teaching practices
- Design their own learning materials for flipping the classroom
- Create digital storytelling activities
- Gamify classroom activities
- Use emerging technologies (Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, QR codes) to create activities for interdisciplinary learning
- Use social media for teaching and professional development
- Learn how to curate digital content.
- Learn about eTwinning and how to start a collaborative project with European teachers.
Comments from our participants
- "A course that helps teachers' professional growth."
- "I'd like to thank all the organizers for a fantastic summer event which gave me a deep insight into new methods and ways of teaching and which also introduced me to a number of colleagues from different countries not only from Europe."
- "During this course, I learnt a lot and my ICT skills improved. I met enthusiastic and creative people both tutors and participants."
- "Really attractive, useful for arranging compelling classroom activities. I wish I had participated in such a course earlier."
- The course is listed in the School Education Gateway course catalogue
- This is a 5-day course, from Monday to Friday. It is also possible to take part in a shorter, 3-day version from Monday to Wednesday. Priority is given to the 5-day participants.
- This is a full day course meaning the daily instruction time is about 6,5 hours.
- The lunches are organised at the training venue and included in the course price. Also coffee breaks are provided and included. One dinner is organised for the participants as well.
- The participants are welcome to join social & cultural activities organised in the evenings.
- The participants should have at least basic knowledge on ICT and be able to communicate in English.
- Contact us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org