The future classroom allows the students to plan, design, and produce their own work - for example, a multimedia production or a presentation. In the Create zone, simple repetition of information is not enough: students work with real knowledge-building activities. Interpretation, analysis, teamwork, and evaluation are important parts of the creative process.
Key points for Create
- Learning by creating: the learners are actively involved in producing and creating their own content. This allows learners to exercise their imaginations, and to innovate.
- Using engaging technology: ICT provides a number of ways to design, create and disseminate learner-generated content.
- Developing learners' soft skills: the students develop their soft skills through project-based work, including presentation, planning, and teamwork.
- Giving students independence and ownership over their learning: enhancing students' engagement with the task, and helping to foster their sense of personal responsibility.
- Creating for real-life: students' social entrepreneurship can be triggered by initiating and implementing projects aimed to increase the wellbeing of the school or local community.
- Showcasing student work: students can develop over time their learning portfolios, which can help them to link between different disciplines, and provide a real-life context to their classwork.
- Chroma key
- High-definition video camera
- Digital camera (pocket)
- Flip camera
- Video editing software
- Audio recording equipment (e.g. microphones)
- Podcast software
- Animation software
- Streaming software