Postal and visiting address
The newsletter includes news from the Future Classroom Lab and EU-funded projects: ITELab, MENTEP, and FCL Regio. Click here to subscribe >>
Whole-class display systems are increasingly found in schools, but are they up to the job? It's important to be sure that all students in the class can see clearly the content displayed, particularly if they are sitting towards the back of the class or have a visual impairment.
This is the subject of the latest research project supported by Future Classroom Lab partner, Texas Instruments (TI). STEM teachers from six countries, selected through an open call, are being provided with the latest high definition 1080p TI DLP® projectors in their classrooms to evaluate the difference they make to teaching and learning.
In January, the teachers attended a two-day professional development workshop in the Future Classroom Lab.Within the workshop the teachers were introduced to the Go-Lab project and worked together to develop imaginative STEM-learning scenarios to trial in their classrooms.To build their scenarios the teachers used Go-Lab Inquiry Learning Spaces and envisioned ways to exploit the potential of these new ‘cinema at school' projectors for displaying high-definition images and video in the classroom. European Schoolnet's senior policy advisor, Roger Blamire also shared the latest content accessibility guidelines for schools.
Commenting on the project, Emmanuel Herbreteau, EMEA Marketing Manager, Texas Instruments DLP® Enterprise & Cinema Display said "with a display screen area 2.3 times larger than standard XGA, DLP 1080p data projectors are capable of delivering data and video presentations with far greater details for a better teaching and learning environment".
- January 11th-12th 2016: workshop 1, FCL, Brussels
- February 2016: evaluation survey 1 (pre HD projector installation)
- March 22nd 2016: mid-term project call
- February-May 2016: classroom scenarios 1 development (schools)
- May 23rd-24th 2016: workshop 2, FCL Brussels
- June 2016: HD projector installation completion (schools)
- September 22nd 2016: Autumn term project call
- September-October 2016: final classroom scenarios and evaluation survey 2 (schools)
- November-December 2016: final results published
- SAVE THE DATE: November 29th 2016: final public webinar to present latest results (Tuesday, 29th November at 18hCET). Find the webinar recording here.
Results and Outcomes
- Final presentation and evaluation survey
Final results webinar 29th November, published here:
- Presentations- reflections from the teacher researchers, November 2016
Webinar rehearsal call
Sharing experiences and results webinar
- Learning scenarios - see table below for the links to learning activities tested by the teachers, Autumn 2016
- First evaluation survey - interim results, March 2016
To follow the progress of the project, sign up to the FCL newsletter .
Visit also the blogs, created by the teachers participating in the pilot: