- Programming for the 21st century classroom 09.10.2017
- ITELAB webinar: Preparing Student Teachers for the Future Classroom 19.10.2017
- Hands on Hack - Coding jam at the Future Classroom Lab 2017 20.10.2017
- Scientix webinar: The importance of 21st century skills and industry 4.0 in STEM education 25.10.2017
- Delivering Future Classroom Lab training in Chongqing
- Europeana DSI-2 pilot: Embedding Europe’s digital cultural heritage in Education Summary of pilot activities
- Coding Jam is coming up! Save the date 20 October
- FCL workshop: A weekend dedicated to the Special Educational Needs in classrooms
- Join INDUCAS and start boosting your professional career!
Coding Jam is coming up! Save the date 20 October
The European Coding Initiative, along with the Future Classroom Lab Ambassadors, is organising an international online coding jam on 20 October 2017, where teams from schools and learning labs across Europe and beyond will have the chance to build and share their projects.
The organisers will lead the work from the Future Classroom Lab in Brussels, and any team joining up the initiative is most welcome to organise its own branch event, participate to the competition and connect online.
The aim of this initiative is to raise awareness on the importance of digital skills for a digital citizenship and experiment together how engaging and meaningful is to create digital content and tools, and to become makers rather than just consumers of technology.
The coding jam is open to everyone (educators, students, practitioners, parents, policy makers…) and no previous knowledge of computer programming is required. All coding languages (including visual one as Scratch, Kodu, Alice, etc.) are absolutely fine.