Future Classroom Lab has provides different ways of participating for policy-makers, teachers and ICT providers.
Download here the Future Classroom Lab brochure to know more.
FCL for ICT providers
Over 30 industry partners are already supporting the Future Classroom Lab. The FCL enables companies to showcase their own ideas for new learning spaces and how their technology can support innovative pedagogical approaches to the 21st century teaching and learning.
Each industry partner supporting the Future Classroom Lab will benefit of:
- Demonstrations of how each partner's technology can support innovative teaching and learning practices within workshops and training sessions organised by European Schoolnet.
- Offers to participate in European Schoolnet projects to develop pedagogical scenarios involving each partner's solution and pilot these scenarios in schools across Europe.
- Use of the Future Classroom Lab for the partner's own events up to four times a year
- Invitations to European Schoolnet's annual EMINENT conference for education ministries and strategic seminars for policy-makers.
- Access to the FCL validation service, a pan-European network of schools ready to participate in school pilots involving industry partners.
- Use of the Future Classroom Lab logo and have visibility in the Future Classroom Lab marketing materials; company and product literature will also be available to all delegates attending FCL events.
- Discounts on membership of relevant European Schoolnet Working Groups (e.g. Interactive Classroom Working Group).
In line with European Schoolnet's code of practice for industry partnerships, all ICT vendors will be treated equally and in a transparent manner. Each company will be asked to make a financial contribution toward the operational costs of the Future Classroom Lab and to commit to a two-year agreement with European Schoolnet under which they will be expected to provide and regularly refresh all necessary equipment (hardware, software …) at their own expense.
If you would like to know more about how your organisation can participate in the Future Classroom Lab, please email email@example.com.
FCL for policy makers
Senior policy makers from European Schoolnet's supporting 30 Ministries of Education are already benefitting from seminars, workshops and conferences that focus on how ICT can potentially impact on teaching and learning. The policy-makers can in particular benefit of:
- Tours providing an overview of the FCL pedagogical concepts and hands-on activities with different technologies.
- Strategic seminars with industry partners on key topics such as mobile learning, programming and content creation.
- Future Classroom Scenario workshops with innovative teachers to develop and adapt innovative Learning Activities to be piloted in schools.
- Recommendations and guidelines stemming from European Schoolnet projects that help policy-makers to take informed decisions on deploying ICT in schools.
- Future Classroom Ambassadors, a network of innovative teachers who can support the mainstreaming of innovative teaching and learning approaches at national level.
Commissioner Neelie Kroes at the launch event of the European Coding initiative, June 2014
If you would like to know more about how your region and schools can participate in the Future Classroom Lab, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
FCL for teachers
Teachers, head teachers and ICT advisers will be directly involved in helping policy-makers and industry partners to rethink teaching and learning within the Future Classroom Lab. The teachers and other school staff can find useful for them:
- Professional development opportunities including workshops and courses at the FCL in Brussels, and online training events developed within various European Schoolnet projects.
- Learning zones and examples of technology providing inspiration to rethink teaching practice, and to focus on the skills and competences needed for 21st century learning.
- Directory of classroom practices and Learning Activities available on the FCL website: explore these resources and submit your own classroom examples to inspire others!
- Free training materials and resources for teachers, school leaders and teacher trainers to download.
- The network of Future Classroom Ambassadors welcomes innovative teachers who have been active in European Schoolnet projects and who are interested in being involved in future validation pilots.
Postal and visiting address
The newsletter includes news from the Future Classroom Lab, Interactive Classroom Working Group and related EU-funded projects such as ITELab. Click here to subscribe >>