Guidelines on Exploring and Adapting Learning Spaces in Schools - Practical advice and support to schools on how to develop and adapt learning spaces to facilitate the innovative use of ICT and collaborative approaches to teaching and learning.
BYOD Bring Your Own Device - Two guides have been published to provide guidance for school leaders and IT administrators.
ICWG pedagogical videos - Videos to showcase innovative pedagogical practice in classrooms across Europe.
Postal and visiting address
The newsletter includes news from the Future Classroom Lab and EU-funded projects: ITELab, MENTEP, and FCL Regio. Click here to subscribe >>
The Interactive Classroom Working Group (ICWG) set up in 2013 is one of four current European Schoolnet working groups. The aim of the Interactive Classroom Working Group is to enable Ministries of Education to explore common areas of concern, share experience, and address policy challenges related to the integration of a wide range of technologies in classrooms and their impact on teaching and learning.
Currently ten Ministries of Education are involved in the working group (Austria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, Turkey), and also working closely with policy makers from regional education authorities in the FCL Regio project.
Annual focus areas
- 2010-2012: Interactive whiteboards
- 2015: Pedagogical use of mobile devices and K-12 cloud services
- 2016-2017: Personalised learning
- 2017: Designing learning spaces
- 2017-2018: FabLabs and Makerspaces
Publications and resources
- Guidelines on Exploring and Adapting Learning Spaces in Schools (December 2017)
- Bring Your Own Device for Schools: Technical Advice for School Leaders and IT Administrators (October 2017), including four pocket guides:
- Teacher professional development resources on personalising learning (September 2017)
- BYOD Bring Your Own Device - A guide for school leaders (October 2015)
- ICWG pedagogical videos (2014, 2015)
- Top 10 tips for buying and installing interactive whiteboards [October 2012]: CZ | DE | FR
- Guidelines for Small Scale IWB Procurements [July 2011]: CZ
- IWB Procurement Guidelines report [January 2011]
- Making the most of your interactive whiteboard (a shorter version of the guidelines) [September 2010]: CZ | DE | PT | IT
- Guidelines for Effective School/Classroom use of IWBs [July 2010]