Postal and visiting address
The newsletter includes news from the Future Classroom Lab and EU-funded projects: ITELab, MENTEP, TASK, CO-Lab and FCL Regio. Click here to subscribe >>
With the participation of 15 partners, including 12 education ministries, the two-year Living Schools Lab project promoted a whole-school approach to ICT use, scaling up best practices in the use of ICT between schools with various levels of technological proficiency. The participating schools were supported through peer-exchanges in regional hubs, pan-European teams working collaboratively on a number themes, and a variety of opportunities for teachers' ongoing professional development. Observation of advanced schools in 12 countries produced a report and recommendations on the mainstreaming of best practice, and the development of whole-school approaches to ICT. The project was funded by the FP7 of European Commission, and ended in September 2014.
Download the LSL project summary (English, PDF) here and explore more LSL resources and outcomes below. The project summary is also available in the following languages: CZ, DE, FI, FR, GA, IT, LT, NO, PT.
|Best Practice: sharing practice in schools|| |
- Over 70 best practice videos shared by LSL schools to demonstrate their practice.
- "Spotlight on Practice" articles giving a more in-depth insight in some of the network's schools.
|Observations: sharing insights|| |
Sharing the methodology used and insights from the observation visits, an opportunity to look into schools from across 12 countries and discussions at the national focus groups, and with senior management in schools and in project partner organisations:
- Observation Blog: Insights and ideas captured during Advanced School visits.
- Link Observation Visits report (D3.3): A final report covering the observation visits to schools, led by Diana Bannister MBE, University of Wolverhampton. It includes analysis and insights, conclusions and recommendations, along with 12 country case studies, developed with the support of each of the National Coordinators.
- Country case studies: Produced with the support of the national coordinators.
Austria: English / German
|Professional Development: sharing knowledge|| |
- Learning Snacks: A library of over 30 short, online learning events for teachers and schools.
- Collaborative Schools Professional Development course (D5.3): Developed from the observations to support mainstreaming of best practice and a whole school approach to ICT use. It includes 10 investigations and supporting materials.
- Validation Manual (D4.2.2): Developed and tested during the project, a manual for EC projects, companies and organisations interested in running validations in schools in Europe. Includes 12 downloadable appendices.
- Part of the Future Classroom Lab Validation Service.
- FCL Validation Service brochure (pdf)
Regional Hubs are clusters to share good practices, and provide opportunities for closer mentoring and collaboration between schools. In the Living Schools Lab project regional hubs created a successful model for developing a mentoring and collaboration relationship between schools at a national and regional level. In the project, the hubs were facilitated by National Coordinators, who coordinated the meetings and were able to add a wider perspective and network of contacts to the benefit of the hubs.
See here the video of six steps on hot to set up your own regional hub!
Interview with Diana Bannister, University of Wolverhampton