FCL school leaders say "change your own mind first"
A group of innovative school leaders are meeting as part of a Future Classroom Lab initiative, supported by Microsoft and Promethean. In this first phase, the group is sharing and discussing programmes that have been useful in helping them lead change in their schools. In June, the aim is to share their best practice to help others.
This month it was the turn to discuss the Microsoft in Education resources for school leaders: Kirsten Panton, Partners in Learning Director WE, Microsoft in Education, presented a useful overview to help structure the extensive resources available for schools leaders. School Leaders familiar with the Microsoft in Education programme spoke highly of the resources and training opportunities which have supported them in leading successful change.
As Katarina Bjork, School Leader, Roden Gymnasiest, Sweden commented, "You have to change your own mind, first, before you change the mind amongst your teachers". The school leader working group is meeting monthly to review existing materials and share their experiences, next month it is the turn of EUN to share School Leader resources from recent EC-funded projects.
Find out more:
- 3 tools to bring digital cultural heritage to primary and secondary schools!
- How to better design the space for nowadays required learning? New publication is out
- Join the The Networked Teacher – Teaching in the 21st Century MOOC!
- EU Code Week Deep Dive MOOC
- Call for Europeana Education User Group Teachers