- Europeana DSI-4 national webinar in Italy: Porta il patrimonio culturale nella tua classe con Europeana! 11.01.2019
- MOOC: Europeana in your classroom: building 21st-century competences with digital cultural heritage (Rerun) 14.01.2019
- Europeana DSI-4 national webinar in Greece: Europeana - η παιδαγωγική αξιοποίηση της ψηφιακής πλατφόρμας της Ευρώπης για την πολιτιστική κληρονομιά 15.01.2019
- Europeana DSI-4 webinar (European schools): Europana - Europe's digital heritage in your classroom 16.01.2019
- EU Code Week 2018, a celebration of code with a huge impact!
- Active learning for active students!
- What is entrepreneurial education today and how we can foster an entrepreneurial mind-set? Apply now for a 3 days course for teachers!
- Call for Europeana Education User Group teachers
- Programming: not just coding but collaboration, problem-solving, creativity and much more!
FCL workshop: A weekend dedicated to the Special Educational Needs in classrooms
Aren't we all special? Don't we all have different needs? The term "special needs" usually covers those for whom a special learning need has been formally identified because they are mentally, physically or emotionally disadvantaged. The integration of ICT in education in general and especially is such cases can be proved highly beneficial. The Future Classroom Lab workshop "Make learning accessible: Special Educational Needs in my classroom" held on 23-24 September 2017 in Brussels, led the participants to develop their own ideas about inclusive learning and the effective use of technology.
The two expert trainers Inge De Cleyn and Katja Engelhardt shared ideas with the participants on how to design lessons and activities for students with special educational needs and introduced innovative approaches and technologies to support learners with SEN. Participants also worked on the designing of an eTwinning project trying to boost the collaboration and exchange of experience between different European countries.
Overall, the FCL workshop "Make learning accessible: Special Educational Needs in my classroom" , proved to be a very successful workshop that brought 25 people from 9 countries together in Brussels for a full weekend dedicated to making learning accessible, discussions and fun collaborative activities.
Interested to join a course in the Future Classroom Lab? See the course offers here! The full training programme for 2018 will be published by mid-October.