Digital skills, media literacy and citizenship for the Future Classroom
- 2-6 December 2019 (also 3-day version available 2-4 Dec)
- November/December 2020, dates to be confirmed
Developing digital citizenship education is important for schools and educators. This course includes two parts: the first part will focus on digital skills and literacy and builds on the second part which will focus on active citizenship.
How to support the development of a wide range of digital skills that ensure young people leaving schools have the competences required to be active and responsible citizens of tomorrow, also tackling the challenges of a changing labour market and an increasingly digitized society? Participants will explore answers to such questions, by looking at existing tools and resources in order to support their students to become active and media literate citizens. More specifically, the course will draw-up on issues such media literacy, online safety and responsibility, disinformation, online hate speech and radicalization, entrepreneurial mindset for value creation, as well as democratic participation, amongst others.
- Learn about the concept of digital citizenship, including media literacy and digital skills.
- Learn how digital citizenship related skills and competences can be fostered across the school curriculum.
- Learn how digital citizenship can be embedded in school and classroom practices.
- Being able to understand and apply methods for the development of such skills and competences with students.
- Understand online safety and related topics, such as disinformation and online hate speech.
- Support the development of a whole school approach on digital citizenship.
- Explore a wide range of resources and materials.
- Learn about eTwinning and how to start a collaborative project with European teachers.
Comments from our participants
(For the previous version of the course "Digital citizenship for the future classroom")
- "The course was a great experience for me. I met there fantastic people from Europe, and we could cooperate during great activities to learn new and very useful things."
- "I will try to draw on every part of the course in my work with students."
- "The professional organisation, experience in working in an international environment, very practical approach and plenty of useful materials for schools. Hard work in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Thank you!"
- The course is listed in the School Education Gateway course catalogue
- This is a 5-day course, from Monday to Friday. It is also possible to take part in a shorter, 3-day version from Monday to Wednesday. Priority is given to the 5-day participants.
- This is a full day course meaning the daily instruction time is about 6,5 hours.
- The lunches are organised at the training venue and included in the course price. Also coffee breaks are provided and included. One dinner is organised for the participants as well.
- The participants are welcome to join social & cultural activities organised in the evenings.
- The participants should have at least basic knowledge on ICT and be able to communicate in English.
- Contact us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org