- Europeana DSI-4 national webinar in Italy: Porta il patrimonio culturale nella tua classe con Europeana! 11.01.2019
- MOOC: Europeana in your classroom: building 21st-century competences with digital cultural heritage (Rerun) 14.01.2019
- Europeana DSI-4 national webinar in Greece: Europeana - η παιδαγωγική αξιοποίηση της ψηφιακής πλατφόρμας της Ευρώπης για την πολιτιστική κληρονομιά 15.01.2019
- Europeana DSI-4 webinar (European schools): Europana - Europe's digital heritage in your classroom 16.01.2019
- EU Code Week 2018, a celebration of code with a huge impact!
- Active learning for active students!
- What is entrepreneurial education today and how we can foster an entrepreneurial mind-set? Apply now for a 3 days course for teachers!
- Call for Europeana Education User Group teachers
- Programming: not just coding but collaboration, problem-solving, creativity and much more!
Shaping the future of professional learning
How to develop school's learning culture of sharing practice and to engage teachers in coaching and mentoring? How schools and teachers can use video to reflect, analyse, research, share practice and collaborate? The Future Classroom Lab partner, IRIS Connect gives a response to these questions in the webinar that took place on 19 April 2016.
IRIS Connect evolved from a number of research projects into effective professional learning and now supports teachers in 20% of English secondary schools, a growing number of primary schools and universities and is deployed in 15 countries in the EU and other parts of the world.
The system is based on a highly sophisticated and secure web platform, some of the features of which are demonstrated during the webinar. In addition to the overview of the research and proposition which lies behind the development of IRIS Connect, colleagues from Saxion University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands describe how they use some aspects of the system in both Initial Teacher Education and on-going professional development.