- eConfidence - Call for school pilot tests
- Opening of the Spanish future classroom – Aula del Futuro
- ITELab: Innovative initial teacher education curricula - Call for associate partners open
- FCL Regio Pedagogical videos – How to adopt innovative pedagogical approaches involving mobile learning and cloud computing in the classroom
- Building a Future Classroom – new webinar series of the network of Future Classroom Labs
eConfidence - Call for school pilot tests
eConfidence - Confidence in behaviour changes through serious games - is a 24-month project funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
eConfidence focuses on the use of serious games in education and their potential benefits in supporting positive behavioural change for children. The project aims at testing a methodology with two serious games considering behavioural aspects related to safe use of the internet and bullying.
A serious game is a game designed for a primary purpose other than pure entertainment. Serious games have become a popular tool for knowledge transfer, behavioural, perceptual or cognitive change and they have been subject of several studies aiming to test their effectiveness.
The eConfidence project aims to test a methodology and specially designed serious games that promote behavioural changes in young people. The methodology includes several models, such as the Activity Theory-based Model of Serious Games for game development methodology combined with Applied Behaviour Analysis and Learning Analytics.
European Schoolnet (EUN) is looking for ten schools – five in Spain and five in English-speaking countries (Ireland, United Kingdom, Malta) – to pilot and test the games and the methodology with approximately 36 students aged 12-14 divided into a control and an experimental group during the academic year 2017/2018.
A series of benefits are envisaged for the schools, teachers and pupils willing to take part in the pilot tests: gaining experience in participating in a European research and innovation project; a lump sum of 1000 Euro in recognition of the participation; certificates of participation for the school, teachers and students; for the school, also being listed as collaborators in eConfidence reports and dissemination actions.
Schools are invited to apply for the eConfidence project pilot activities by 15 June 2017.
- Further information on the project: www.econfidence.eu
- Call for participation in eConfidence pilots - Downalod here
- Invitation letter for schools - Download here
- Application form - Webform here
Contact - European Schoolnet
EUN Partnership AISBL, Rue de Trèves 61, B-1040 Brussels
t +32 (0)2 790 75 56 | t +32 (0)499 48 97 21