- FCL workshop: Entrepreneurial Learning with ICT tools 05.03.2018
- Webinar: Using UMI (Ubiquitous, Mobile, IoT) technologies to support STEM education 21.03.2018
- Webinar: Developing entrepreneurial skills and mind-set through education: the why, when and how of using EntreComp 22.03.2018
- FCL workshop: Future Classroom Scenarios 26.03.2018
- FCL Open Day for Flemish Schools
- FCL now on Twitter!
- New European resources on enhancing collaborative teaching and learning in schools
- <b>Application deadline extended to 26th February 2018</b>-Looking for teachers interested in having first access to Europeana scenarios, learning activities, professional development resources
- FCL Regio Pedagogical scenarios & videos – Get inspired by innovative pedagogical approaches involving mobile learning and cloud computing in the classroom
Oyoty: the e-safety assistant that can detect online threats and help your students to be safe online
To be active and online safe citizens in today's society we all need to be conversant with technology, as our everyday life is intertwined with digital tools. For this reason, it is also important to make children aware of the importance of being safe online and function correctly in a digital world.
Oyoty is a personal online e-safety assistant aimed at 8-11 year- old kids which helps young children to be more aware, secure and private online, and help them to engage positively with digital media.
Oyoty detects risks and threads from the children's online behavior and turn this into possible solutions for the kids. This software, developed in Switzerland, can also detect bullying behavior through three social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). When the thread has been detected, a popping message will appear on the screen of the children's phone, making them aware of the risks of posting this message. Then, the software will offer the students the means to solve this problem, either by reporting it or by providing them with curated content the student can consume. This helps young children to be safer online to better leverage the opportunities that the internet and mobile technologies provide.
If you want to sign up for a free trial to try the software, please go here.
More information about this software can be found here.