- Mobile learning & cloud services - teacher induction and continuing professional development. Recommendations and guidelines for regional policy makers
- FCL Regio Pedagogical scenarios & videos - Get inspired by innovative pedagogical activities involving mobile learning and cloud computing in the classroom
- Guidelines for school leaders: Mobile learning and cloud services - teacher induction and continuing professional development
- FCL Summer Academy – Unleashing our creative genius!
- FCL course: STEM in primary school classrooms
Call for Italian and Polish teachers for a pilot on serious games
Recently, a Texas-based company, Triseum, joined the Future Classroom Lab and became the first industry partner to have game-based learning as its core business. To better understand how schools in Europe can exploit game-based learning, Triseum is using the FCL Validation Service and funding a small pilot with schools in around five countries. Selected schools will develop and test pedagogical scenarios and learning activities using two Triseum games, ARTé: Mecenas™ and Variant: Limits™.
The pilot looks to evaluate how the two games can be implemented in schools and what are the effects on student knowledge, classroom engagement and motivation to learn.
To this end, a call for teachers in Italy and Poland interested in the effects of game-based learning in their classrooms is now open. Four teachers from both countries will be selected:
two teachers of Art History, world history, geography, economics, business studies per country, to pilot ARTé: Mecenas
two teachers of Calculus, Pre-Calculus per country to pilot Variant: Limits
If you are a secondary school teacher of pupils aged 16 to 18/19 in Italy or Poland, you and your students have good English language skills, you have moderate to high level of ICT competence and your school is equipped with the necessary requirements to run the games, we look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about the activities of Triseum Pilot teachers, the selection criteria for this call and the two games to be tested (including technical specifications), please read this document: Triseum Pilot Briefing Document for Teachers.
The deadline for submitting your application is Sunday, 17 September (23:59 CEST), 2017. The results of the Triseum Pilot teachers' selection will be announced via email by 22 September 2017.
Use the following link to apply: Application Form