- Europeana DSI-4 national webinar in Italy: Porta il patrimonio culturale nella tua classe con Europeana! 11.01.2019
- MOOC: Europeana in your classroom: building 21st-century competences with digital cultural heritage (Rerun) 14.01.2019
- Europeana DSI-4 national webinar in Greece: Europeana - η παιδαγωγική αξιοποίηση της ψηφιακής πλατφόρμας της Ευρώπης για την πολιτιστική κληρονομιά 15.01.2019
- Europeana DSI-4 webinar (European schools): Europana - Europe's digital heritage in your classroom 16.01.2019
- EU Code Week 2018, a celebration of code with a huge impact!
- Active learning for active students!
- What is entrepreneurial education today and how we can foster an entrepreneurial mind-set? Apply now for a 3 days course for teachers!
- Call for Europeana Education User Group teachers
- Programming: not just coding but collaboration, problem-solving, creativity and much more!
FCL Summer Academy – Unleashing our creative genius!
Innovation and creativity have become critical skills in developed economies. More and more problems demand a new mindset that includes creative insights in order to find suitable solutions. The Future Classroom Lab Summer Academy course "Enhancing creativity and innovation in my classroom" held on 2-6 July 2018 in Brussels, led the participants to reflect on how to infuse creativity and innovation in their classrooms.
The participants explored the Future Classroom Lab learning zones and shared their innovative teaching practices, they participated in creative challenges per day and they got involved in creative content creation, including escape rooms and breakouts, scavenger hunts, QR codes, digital storytelling and much more. They also explored the benefits of gamification and tinkering in learning environments, and they discovered effective ways of introducing Twitter and Instagram to enhance engagement of the students.
The design thinking methodology supported the participants to develop meaningful solutions in their classrooms, and the computational thinking process helped them to develop their problem-solving skills. Participants also emerged in the world of augmented and virtual reality and learned how to flip their classrooms. Informative sessions regarding eSafety, eTwinning and other EUN projects were also provided.
The FCL Summer Academy brought successfully 31 people from 13 countries together in Brussels for a full week dedicated to creativity and innovation in the classroom! Find more at the Summer Academy blog and by following #FCLSUMAC.
Interested to join a course in the Future Classroom Lab? See the course offers here!