- Europeana DSI-4 national webinar in Italy: Porta il patrimonio culturale nella tua classe con Europeana! 11.01.2019
- MOOC: Europeana in your classroom: building 21st-century competences with digital cultural heritage (Rerun) 14.01.2019
- Europeana DSI-4 national webinar in Greece: Europeana - η παιδαγωγική αξιοποίηση της ψηφιακής πλατφόρμας της Ευρώπης για την πολιτιστική κληρονομιά 15.01.2019
- Europeana DSI-4 webinar (European schools): Europana - Europe's digital heritage in your classroom 16.01.2019
- EU Code Week 2018, a celebration of code with a huge impact!
- Active learning for active students!
- What is entrepreneurial education today and how we can foster an entrepreneurial mind-set? Apply now for a 3 days course for teachers!
- Call for Europeana Education User Group teachers
- Programming: not just coding but collaboration, problem-solving, creativity and much more!
FCL Regio Pedagogical scenarios & videos - Get inspired by innovative pedagogical activities involving mobile learning and cloud computing in the classroom
During the third year, the Future Classroom Lab Regional network, working along with innovative teachers and ICT advisers, have developed innovative learning activities through the integration of ICT in teaching as well as micro professional development opportunities for teachers, called innovation pills.
These outputs, focusing on introducing mobile learning and cloud computing in K-12 education, as well as the pedagogical use of technology more broadly, were produced as a result of a collaborative work which started at European Schoolnet's Future Classroom Lab in Brussels and continued afterwards in the schools.
The scenarios aimed at inspiring and encouraging schools across Europe to integrate technology in their practice with meaningful, innovative and effective ways, and make a better use of mobile learning and cloud services.
The teachers involved worked also with a professional video production company to plan how a lesson involving these scenarios can be filmed in a school in each region. You will find all their scenarios and videos with great examples related to mobile learning and use of cloud services below:
1/ Using mixed reality in the classroom: learning about the Middle Ages - Catalonia, Spain
This collaborative project in Catalonia in Spain aimed at motivating students to learn about the Middle Ages by gamification techniques using virtual reality. You can find the learning scenario here and the relevant innovation pill here.
2/ QR code: a chance to display information - Catalonia, Spain
This collaborative activity in Catalonia in Spain aimed at creating posters and QR codes in order to show progress in a gamified project in geography. You can find the learning scenario here and the relevant innovation pill here.
3/ Podcasting and Vidcasting idioms - Trentino, Italy
In this collaborative project, students take interviews, animate everyday objects and become actors to explain in an engaging way the origin of the idioms and how they are used in everyday language. You can find the learning scenario here and the relevant innovation pill here.
4/ Mathematical obstacle course with a robot - Öckerö, Sweden
This collaborative project in Sweden aimed at students steering a robot through an obstacle course. Students are collaborating to program and create while understanding and using visual programming language. You can find the learning scenario here and the relevant innovation pill here.
5/ Maker school: Learning social entrepreneurship with 3D printers - Galicia, Spain
Through this collaborative project, students from the Highschool of Meaño in Galicia in Spain, learn and develop their digital and social entrepreneurship skills through the use of 3D printers and team work in a Future Classroom Lab.
6/ Industrial Revolution - source investigation - Trentino, Italy
This collaborative CLIL project in Trentino in Italy aimed at approaching historical sources with the use of new technologies in another language. You can find the learning scenario here.