- Building 21st century skills through active learning 02.12.2017
- Scientix Projects’ Networking Event 12 05.12.2017
- 12th Scientix Projects' Networking Event 'Gender and Innovation in STE(A)M Education' 05.12.2017
- STEM Alliance High-Level Event 2017 “Advancing and scaling-up education – industry collaboration” 07.12.2017
- Coding Jam winners announced
- European Schoolnet welcomes back two major EdTech innovators whose new companies join the Future Classroom Lab
- EMINENT 2017 and the Future Classroom Lab Exploration Area
- FCL course: Digital citizenship for the future classroom
- Training programme 2018 published – Book your places now!
Future Classroom Lab opens in China
On 9th November, the Chinese National Institute of Educational Sciences, a division of the Chinese Ministry of Education, launched its "Future School Programme". The Programme is designed to support Chinese schools in adopting 21st century pedagogies and the use of technology in the classroom. At the heart of the Programme is the first Asian Future Classroom Lab which was opened during the launch event for the Future School Programme.
The Chinese Future Classroom Lab, officially titled "Future School Lab", is based on the ideas of European Schoolnet's Future Classroom Lab and was conceived after a visit of the Chinese Ministry of Education to Brussels in February 2014. Also organized into different learning zones, the Chinese Lab focuses on project-based learning pedagogies and aims to offer a place of inspiration and discussion for education professionals and policy makers. With the support of European Schoolnet, the Chinese Ministry is currently setting up a professional development programme, in particular for headteachers, which will involve the exchange of expertise between European Schoolnet and the National Institute of Educational Sciences.
Similarly to European Schoolnet's Lab, the Chinese Lab is supported by industry partners and is always looking to expand its partnerships.
With the first Future Classroom Lab opening in China, European Schoolnet is proud to see the network of Future Classroom Labs expand to outside of Europe. The idea of creating learning spaces that focus on innovative pedagogies and the use of technology, by offering a place of exchange in an inspirational classroom setting, has gained substantial ground over the last year, with more than 10 Future Classroom Lab inspired spaces opening in schools and other institutions across Europe.
European Schoolnet will continue to work closely with the Chinese Future Classroom Lab and the European partners running FCL-inspired spaces.
For more information on the network of Future Classroom Labs contact firstname.lastname@example.org