Future Classroom Lab training courses
Active learning in my school and classroom
- Duration: 5 days; also 3-day participation is possible
- 20 February - 24 February 2023 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Course ID: 114375
Moving away from a conventional and teacher-centered classroom into teaching practices that promote active learning facilitated by innovative learning environments and the use of relevant educational technology can be challenging for teachers and schools.
Taking active learning into practice does not only require student-centered pedagogies, but also a reflection on spatial conditions and tools & resources. The Future Classroom Lab visualizes and promotes the possible options and directions for teachers and schools.
About the course: During this course the participants will experience and explore a student-centered, active learning pedagogy. At the same time they will experience and explore the role of the space design and the integration of educational technology.
The course takes place in the Future Classroom Lab with six learning zones each representing a core pedagogical concept. The main objective of the course is that participants will be able to understand the different parameters to organize learning according to the active learning principles and be empowered to make changes, both in their teaching practices, as well as on the level of school organization. The introduction of the free online scenario tool will contribute to sustainable changes.
The course combines both hands-on activities and background information, and it is aimed at teachers who want to adapt the principles of active learning into their teaching practice, and teachers and coordinators who consider designing or adapting learning spaces at school.
- Learn about the active learning model.
- Explore ways to move from a static to a dynamic classroom.
- Explore how space design and technology can support active learning pedagogies.
- Learn and experience active learning formats and activities.
- Experience the different pedagogical verbs of a Future Classroom Lab.
- Designing learning activities integrating educational technologies.
- Learn about new ways of assessment.
- Experience and learn about Future Classroom scenarios.
- Design Future Classroom scenarios with a free online tool.
- Explore how to change the classroom and school environment.
- Experience and design active learning practices for a remote setting.
- The course is listed in the School Education Gateway course catalogue
- This is a 5-day course, from Monday to Friday. It is also possible to take part in a shorter, 3-day version from Monday to Wednesday. Priority is given to the 5-day participants.
- This is a full-day course meaning the daily instruction time is approximately 6,5 hours.
- The meals that are part of the course fee package include 5 lunches and coffee breaks.
- The participants are welcome to join social & cultural activities organised in some evenings.
- The participants should have at least basic knowledge on ICT and be able to communicate in English.
- Read more Practical information here
- Contact us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
EUN Partnership aisbl (known as European Schoolnet / EUN)
Rue de Trèves 61
1040 Brussels, Belgium
Organisation ID: E10203021
Find out here more practical information about our courses, or contact us:
- by sending an email at email@example.com.