Future Classroom Lab has provides different ways of participating for policy-makers, schools and teacher educators, and companies.
Download here the Future Classroom Lab brochure to know more.
FCL for companies
Over 30 industry partners are already supporting the Future Classroom Lab. The FCL enables companies to showcase their own ideas for new learning spaces and how their technology can support innovative pedagogical approaches to the 21st century teaching and learning.
Each industry partner supporting the Future Classroom Lab will benefit of:
- European-wide visibility: companies that join the Future Classroom Lab as partners are recognised for their support and can use the FCL logo on their own publications and materials. They can also use FCL for their own events, to welcome members and partner in an inspiring learning space for brainstorming and dialogue.
- Technology and solutions from the partners are integrated in the FCL and used regularly in workshops and training courses with teachers, school leaders and policy-makers. Partners also have access to the FCL Validation Service to run pilots in schools across Europe.
- Networking with education professionals and policy-makers. Partners are invited every year to two events organised by European Schoolnet: the School Innovation Forum and European Schoolnet's annual EMINENT conference, which are attended by senior policy makers in national and regional education ministries, researchers, pedagogical experts and other stakeholders and strategic partners.
In line with European Schoolnet's code of practice for industry partnerships, all ICT vendors will be treated equally and in a transparent manner. Each company will be asked to make a financial contribution toward the operational costs of the Future Classroom Lab and to commit to a two-year agreement with European Schoolnet under which they will be expected to provide and regularly refresh all necessary equipment (hardware, software …) at their own expense.
If you would like to know more about how your organisation can participate in the Future Classroom Lab, please email email@example.com.
FCL for policy- and decision-makers
Senior policy makers from European Schoolnet's supporting 34 Ministries of Education are already benefitting from seminars, workshops and conferences that focus on how ICT can potentially impact on teaching and learning. The policy-makers can in particular benefit of:
- Tours providing an overview of the FCL pedagogical concepts and hands-on activities with different technologies.
- Strategic seminars with industry partners on key topics such as flexible learning environments, coding and makerspaces.
- Recommendations and guidelines stemming from European Schoolnet projects that help policy-makers to take informed decisions on deploying ICT in schools.
- Future Classroom Ambassadors, a network of innovative teachers appointed by the education ministries support the mainstreaming of innovative teaching and learning approaches at national level.
Commissioner Neelie Kroes at the launch event of the European Coding initiative, June 2014
If you would like to know more about how your region and schools can participate in the Future Classroom Lab, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools and teacher educators
Teachers, head teachers, teacher educators and school ICT advisers will be directly involved in helping policy-makers and industry partners to rethink teaching and learning within the Future Classroom Lab. The teachers and other school staff can find useful for them:
- Professional development opportunities including workshops and courses at the FCL in Brussels, and online training events developed within various European Schoolnet projects.
- Learning zones and examples of technology providing inspiration to rethink teaching practice, and to focus on the skills and competences needed for active learning.
- Directory of classroom practices and Learning Activities available on the FCL website: explore these resources and submit your own classroom examples to inspire others!
- Free training materials and resources for teachers, school leaders and teacher educators to download.
- The network of Future Classroom Ambassadors welcomes innovative teachers who have been active in European Schoolnet projects and who are interested in being involved in future validation pilots.
- Guidelines for education leaders and teachers, for example on adapting learning spaces, planning and implementing Bring Your Own Device approaches, mobile learning and cloud services, and creating learning labs.