Course: Summer Academy creativity and innovation
FCL Summer Academy: Enhancing creativity and innovation in my classroom
- Duration: 5 days; also 3-day participation is possible
- 3 July - 7 July 2023
- Course ID: 30176
Do schools kill or nurture creativity? Do students have freedom to showcase their learning and develop ownership? Do teachers take the time to explore new practices and ideas or to dive into new tools and technologies to enhance the innovation in their classrooms?
About the course: This course will lead the participants to reflect on how to nurture creativity in students and how to teach creatively. The course takes place in The Future Classroom Lab where the participants have the opportunity to experience and new tools, technologies and practices.
The participants will explore a range of ICT tools and strategies, such as content creation, digital storytelling, flipped classroom, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, content curation, etc. They will create artifacts with a wide range of media tools. They will explore different types of learning spaces, including outdoor and remote learning. They will learn about new ways of assessment.
The course is designed to enhance the joy of learning. It is aimed at teachers who want to learn how to create innovative learning content and who want to network with like-minded peers. It is a course to empower teachers who want to take on an innovative mindset.
- Learn about the affordances of flexible learning spaces and learning zones.
- Enhance standard educational materials with creative tools and applications.
- Implement the design thinking process in teaching practices.
- Gamify classroom activities.
- Experience maker and tinkering activities.
- Design learning materials for the flipped classroom.
- Create digital storytelling activities.
- Use emerging technologies (Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, QR codes, AI) to create activities for interdisciplinary learning.
- Learn about different technologies and media to showcase learning.
- Experience and learn about outdoor learning.
- Use social media for teaching and professional development.
- Learn how to curate digital content.
- Experience and design learning activities for a remote setting.
Comments from our participants
- "A course that helps teachers' professional growth."
- "I'd like to thank all the organizers for a fantastic summer event which gave me a deep insight into new methods and ways of teaching and which also introduced me to a number of colleagues from different countries not only from Europe."
- "During this course, I learnt a lot and my ICT skills improved. I met enthusiastic and creative people both tutors and participants."
- "Really attractive, useful for arranging compelling classroom activities. I wish I had participated in such a course earlier."
Courses - practical info INTRO
EUN Partnership aisbl (known as European Schoolnet / EUN)
Rue de Trèves 61
1040 Brussels, Belgium
Organisation ID: E10203021
Find out here more practical information about our courses, or contact us:
- by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.