MOOC Course: Digitally Competent Teachers for Creative Classroom
The "Digitally Competent Teachers for Creative Digital Students" MOOC will help participants to reflect upon their digital competence for lifelong learning and to get familiar with digital technology for teaching and learning, by exploring different tools and strategies. Teachers will gain knowledge on European frameworks for digital competence and discover how to boost digital competence through European projects such as Code Week, eTwinning, or SELFIE. Teachers will also explore strategies and tools for remote teaching, digital assessment, and classroom management.
The overall objective of the course is for teachers to learn how to effectively integrate technology in the classroom and ultimately reach the students to empower them to be creators of technology, rather than being only consumers.
While the content of the course will be in English, national moderators in the following languages will support participants with lower levels of English: Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Swedish and Portuguese.
- To become familiar with the Digital Competences Framework for Educators and European projects that foster digital competence, such as Code Week, SELMA, or eTwinning.
- To explore different instruments and strategies to develop digital competence in their curricula and integrate digital technologies in the classroom.
- To discover innovative tools and approaches to increase student´s motivation, also via the use digital technologies.
- To develop teachers' awareness and self-reflection about their digital competence by exploring tools such as TET-SAT or SELFIE.
- To become part of a community of enthusiastic teachers to interact, exchange, share best practices and participate together in the EU Code Week 2020 initiative.
If you need any other information about the course, you can find it in the course landing page.
In order to earn a course certificate, submit a lesson plan and review 3 of their peer´s lesson plans. The final deadline to complete all activities is 02 December 2020, 23:59 CET. In order to receive the certificate, the lesson plan together with the peer reviews will count for 100%. The overall passing grade is 95
EDUregio - EU logo
Agreement number: 2019-1-ES01-KA201-065608