The innovative learning space is a space designed to promote the innovation of methodologies in the teaching and learning processes, using technology. This space aims to be motivating for students and contribute to a change in educational practices, challenging teachers to rethink the didactics of the discipline and the role of technology in the classroom.
The innovative learning space of the Eça de Queirós school is based on the Future Classroom Lab concept, created by European Schoolnet in 2012, but adequate to the context and taking into account the existing physical and technological resources. This innovative learning space consists of five/six specific learning areas, for interacting and presenting, investigating and creating, developing, and exchanging, with specific furniture and equipment, all of which are removable elements to allow total flexibility in adapting to the possible learning scenarios or stories that may occur. There is also an area for greenscreen/audio/video production.
The main goals for the space are:
- Letting students become creators of technology.
- Finding new ways of assessment, teaching strategies and methods.
- Giving the students a view into the future
- Letting the students use their creativity and knowledge in a more fun and engaging way
There are no commercial partners involved.
- Maria Eugénia Cavalheiro Coelho, headmaster
- Maria Brites, informatique teacher
Rua Cidade de Benguela 303, 1800-071 Lisboa, Portugal