The FCLab Tulliportti is located in the University of Eastern Finland Teacher Training School. Teacher training schools are administratively part of the faculties or units of education. Tulliportti Teacher Training School operates in two different units, primary school grades 1-6 (located in Länsikatu) and lower secondary grades 7-9 as well as upper secondary school (in Tulliportinkatu).
At the moment, our lab takes up the whole primary school and we are spreading the ideology to the other units of our school. Established in 1882, our school is a university-owned provider of basic, general upper secondary and teacher education. In addition to hosting 1400 students and 850 student teachers annually, relevant research, in-service training and developmental projects also lie at the heart of our strategy.
The Goals of the FCLab Tulliportti:
- Transforming the whole school into a learning-zone style environment;
- Development of flexible shared spaces;
- Multi-location in different zones;
- Promoting an innovative working culture;
- Development of VR teaching e.g. content production and experimenting with collaborative VR environments where students and teachers can explore further possibilities;
- Increasing the comfort of learning environments, for example by paying more attention to acoustics and lighting;
- Conducting research on learning environments in cooperation with university partners.
- ECOPHON: Enhancing the acoustics of our learning spaces
- LEGO Education: The Spike Prime Pilot
- Matatalab: Coding for grades 1 and 2
- Qridi: LMS for evaluation
- Muodoste: Interior design of our learning spaces
Sampo Forsström, Lead Ambassador
Tulliportinkatu 1, 80100 Joensuu, Finland