National Centre for Digital Innovation in Education “Future Classroom”
National Centre for Digital Innovation in Education "Future Classroom Lab" was opened in the spring of 2019 and is aimed at organizing in- and pre-service professional training for teachers, providing consultations, conducting research, promoting educational technologies and innovation, developing and implementing new educational programs for teachers. It is the change agent and the focal point of the digital transformation of the Moldovan educational system.
National Centre for Digital Innovation in Education is a part of a broader national program "Future Classroom Lab", inspired by the European project "Future Classroom Lab" by European Schoolnet. It brings a new concept in pedagogy, offers an open and inspirational learning space with interdisciplinary and innovative approaches, uses digital technologies, and favors the student-centered learning process. Future Classroom Lab was first implemented in Moldova in 2017. It currently involves 62 high schools across the country, and one Center at the State Pedagogical University "Ion Creanga" from Chisinau.
Over 40+ types of digital technologies are deployed with the Future Classroom Lab initiative, such as coding platforms, robotics, 3D printing, microcircuits, and virtual reality headsets. In addition to the devices, dozens of online and mobile apps have been adopted by the project ambassador teachers in the classrooms.
Future Classroom Lab is a project, expected to trigger a broader digital transformation of the Moldovan education system, by testing new technologies and approaches and utilizing their functionalities and effectiveness for the learning outcomes of the students. It is aimed at underlining the importance of the scientific, technological, engineering, arts, mathematics, entrepreneurship and design (STEAMED) fields and of the cultivation of 21st-century skills and competences.
National Centre for Digital Innovation in Education – "Future Classroom Lab" is a partnership between:
● Ministry of Education and Research of the Republic of Moldova;
● Future Technology Activities Project (FTA) funded by USAID, the Government of Sweden and UK;
● Orange Moldova Foundation;
● State Pedagogical University "Ion Creanga" from Chisinau
● Lichtenstein Development Agency (LED).
● Victoria Belous, Director of the National Center for Digital Innovation in Education "Future Classroom", firstname.lastname@example.org
● Carolina Bondarciuc, Deputy Director of the National Center for Digital Innovation in Education "Future Classroom", email@example.com
1 Ion Creanga str., Chisinau, Republic of Moldova