Samsung Professional Development Programme
Across Europe, educators are investing in technology for the classroom. The power of digital education lies not only in the equipment, but teachers' skills and confidence to use them. Therefore, Samsung has worked together with European Schoolnet to bring a Professional Development Programme to its teachers in Europe.
The Professional Development Programme (PDP) designed for Samsung used the Future Classroom Toolkit. The Toolkit is based on the work that European Schoolnet has carried out in more than 2,500 classrooms across 20 European countries. The toolkit helps teachers and school leaders to ensure that classroom technologies support new ways of teaching. Teachers participating in the PDP received an introduction to the toolkit and how to use it. This helped them to develop their own pathway towards innovating classroom practice. The three parts of the Professional Development Programme are explained below.
The PDP started in October 2014 and it was concluded in June 2015.
- 1st Webinar: An introductory webinar to all Samsung teachers. Introducing the Future Classroom Toolkit. October 2014
- 1st Workshop: Developing of a pedagogical vision linked to the technologies, November 2014, Future Classroom Lab, Brussels. The workshop was organised for the group of teachers selected and invited by Samsung.
- Piloting activities December 2014 - February 2015. After the 1st workshop, the participants applied the activities designed during the workshop with their students.
- 2nd Workshop: Evaluation of the pilot activities, February 2015, Future Classroom Lab, Brussels. The teachers used the insights gained from the evaluation to further improve the activities that fulfil the pedagogical vision. The teachers prepared a set of activities and lesson resources that can be shared with other colleagues who are using the same technologies.
- Final webinar: Presenting the results on 27 April 2015 (see the recording below)
Teacher videos and scenarios
- Watch the videos here
- Classroom scenario: Space Explorers by Snježana Fištrović, Croatia
- More Future Classroom Scenarios are available in FCL Directory
Webinar 27 April to present the results of teachers' pilot activities
Download the presentation here (PDF)