Using AI in the Classroom with Microsoft Learning Accelerators
When: Wednesday, 22 November 2023 at 17:00 CET
Are you looking for ways to help your students catch up, keep up, and get ahead in their learning? Do you want to discover how Microsoft 365 Education can offer you a whole new category of tools that are seamlessly integrated into the products you already know and love? If so, join us for this webinar on Microsoft Learning Accelerators, where we will show you the fundamentals and benefits of these innovative solutions.
Microsoft Learning Accelerators are tools that help students build foundational and future-ready skills by providing them with real-time coaching and feedback. They also help educators streamline the creation, review, and analysis of practice assignments while gathering data and insights to support their students. In this webinar, you will learn about the different types of Learning Accelerators, such as:
- Reading Coach: A tool that helps students practice reading with exercises that guide them through pronunciation, syllabification, reading speed, and vocabulary recall.
- Reading Progress: A tool that tracks students’ reading skills and gives educators actionable insights quickly, while focusing students on specific areas for improvement.
- Reflect: A tool that helps students identify and express how they feel in safe and fun ways, building their emotional vocabulary and giving educators the insights they need to provide active support.
- Search Coach: A tool that helps students learn how to form effective search queries, find trusted sites with NewsGuard, and think critically about their results in an ad-free environment.
- Search Progress: A tool that helps teachers track the development of information literacy skills by creating a window into students’ search activity and behaviours while identifying ways to improve the quality of their search queries over time.
- Speaker Coach: A tool that helps students improve their presentation skills by evaluating key points of their public speaking performances and giving personalized feedback on details like pitch, use of filler words, and pacing.
We will also show you how you can apply these tools to your classroom with real examples of some of them and best practices. You will see how Learning Accelerators can help you create engaging and inclusive learning experiences for your students, while saving you time and effort. Whether you are teaching online, in-person, or hybrid, Learning Accelerators can help you meet your students’ needs and empower them to achieve more.
Ovi Barceló, Modern Work Specialist for Microsoft Education Western Europe, who will focus on the concept of learning accelerators and how they are designed to improve the quality of the lessons with the use of AI.
Line Vanhauwere, a full-time French teacher at RHIZO Zorgkrachtschool in Kortrijk since 2010, who will focus on how Immersive reader works in the classroom, why she is using it and what the benefits are of using it. She will show examples of Reading progress in class, how to use it, why and the benefits for the teachers.